Sunday, September 27, 2009

Why do Republicans hate the sick?

Why do elected Republicans and con bloggers hate sick people?

Health care reform and affordable, dependable medical care are a CIVIL RIGHTS issue. In this country no group is more discriminated against then the ill. We are bankrupted, denied life saving health care and left to die.

The radio con men provide political cover for Republicans to discriminate against and destroy the lives of those who get catastrophically sick or injured. Why do you hate us so much.

I am sitting here today owing TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR to my son's doctor according to our health insurance company. They will pay no more on the bill, deductibles, out of pocket, usual and customary charges, patient's responsibility and other crapola are slung at my wife and I by the insurance company to explain why they won't pay this bill. Ordinarily they spend their time trying to find a way to drop coverage on him completely.

Without treatment, he suffocates to death in a matter of weeks which seems like what Rush, Glenn Beck, the other talking heads on FOX and their fellow Republicans desire.

I am disabled and unable to work. I have some of my son's same genetic time bombs that have left me 'dead' once, nearly dead many times, and unable to be in the workplace any longer but at least I can still walk and use my hands unlike my son who got a far more vicious version of the immune dysfunction.

Neither my son or I ever did drugs, smoked, drank alcohol etc. No vices. We were great students in school. We worked and earned money for as long as our bodies allowed.

So again I ask, why do Republicans hate us? What did we do to deserve your hate? Why do you guys hate my son and I? Why do you hate all the other sick people in this country as well?

And if it is not hate for the sick that motivates elected Republicans and their followers, what explains their immoral almost criminal indifference to the sick and injured around them?

And since when is noting the criminal neglect of the ill and injured in America, 'whining'? And why is America a 'nanny state' if it does what all human societies have done since time immemorial--take care of the sick and injured? My son and I may be physically sick, but you cons defending the status quo in health care, are mentally and morally sick. I would rather be us than you.

No comments: