Thursday, September 24, 2009

Liberals blame Bush for 9/11

I have said here repeatedly that I do not blame Bush for 911 the way some do (and the way others blame Clinton for all kinds of things).

I did say that terrorism was not a priority for the Bush team, and there is a ton of evidence for this.

If it had been a high priority, perhaps it might've been averted, but we'll never know.

Certainly when the intel about Iraq was before Bush's team, also loaded with ambiguity and partial leads and non-leads, they had no problem taking action based on these.

And I would say that in this case it was a holy disaster that they did so.

That's why I'm not crazy about retrospectively blaming Bush for not having taken more action before 911.

Yet, for all that, the fact remains that it was NOT a priority for him, for better or worse. Comprende?

No comments: