Monday, September 21, 2009

I don't want my taxes funding health care

I'd add that for many like myself I hate the fact that I have to pay more taxes because religious groups are excused from paying taxes.

Makes me even more frustrated when they use their tax savings to help remove freedoms from others (e.g. Prop 8), build ridiculously expensive churches (to show off their wealth) or send missionaries to other countries (which ends up fueling religious tensions in other regions).

I'd rather support the poor than help support hypocrites praying to invisible Gods.

At the same time I understand it's not a perfect world and we each can't get what we want all the time, it's about compromising.

And compromising isn't something "me me me" conservatives are very skilled at.

And, Rush, I would bet that you cannot find a person in the USA whose tax dollars are not used to fund something s/he doesn't believe in.

Mine pay Blackwater mercenaries a fortune to kill people that are not a threat to me or mine.

They also pay for torturers to do their thing. And for executions. I could go on and on and on.

No comments: