Friday, September 18, 2009

9/12 aren't deluded good people, they represent an evil that could destroy democracy

Thank you very much for your response to my remarks at about the 9/12 march. I am not as understanding or as kind a person as you and that speaks well for you. My 69 years have made me impatient with people who seem to have pride in their own stupidity, like these marchers and several posters on this forum, especially when their stupidity could be a significant factor in bringing down our democracy.

Having lived in the south during the 60s I was especially sensitive to a great deal of racist bile in the marcher's remarks. I am sick to death of this sickness in our society and I blame right wing hate radio and TV personalities like Beck and the FOX crew for it.

I agree with you that we are in desperate need of a fairness doctrine. I spend much of the year in Canada, where the Telecommunication Commission requires spoken-word programs to offer differing views. This makes for an civilized and intelligent political climate compared to the ugliness of our political landscape.

Thanks again for your insightful remarks.

No comments: