Friday, September 18, 2009

Why Rush? Why?

Rush, I don't want to believe that the con mob are stupid. I am a great believer in the democratic ideal. Much more so than, say, the corporate heads and lobbyists who produce propaganda 24/7.

But when I see the stats on how many people still believe that Obama is not a native-born citizen, and when I hear the right-wing talking heads (and you) slinging lies and deceptions every day, I must say, I am persuaded that they are stupid.

How else should I respond? If someone tells me that Obama is not qualified for the Presidency because of citizenship, or that his world view was shaped by 5 things his pastor said in the course of 20 years, or that the health reform bill has death panels, I must conclude that the person is a liar or a dope...or both.

Can you offer me an alternative? Many of my posts are pessimistic about our country because of this, and you'll notice my reaction to it is profound sadness. So: why do you contribute to the lying and/or the stupidity, Rush? Why?

No comments: