Sunday, September 20, 2009

Canadian Health Care is not as good as US Healthcare

I've mentioned in this forum that I spend part of the year in Canada.

I have never heard a Canadian who wanted to trade their system for ours.

I never met a Canadian who came to the U. S. for their medical care.

And, believe it or not, no Canadian ever told me they felt cheated because they couldn't pay 12 thousand dollars a year for their family's health insurance or because they would never experience the thrill of being told, after paying premiums for many years, that their insurance was being canceled for a pre-existing condition just prior to life-saving surgery.

Here's the problem, Rush: under the current US medical care system, lots of people do not have coverage - a life and death proposition for many - at a reasonable, affordable rate and, in many cases, it is not available at all, at any price.

You know, one other personal observation as a person who has spent a lot of time hanging around labs, docs offices, hospitals etc here in the United States while taking care of my own and other family member's health.

I have to say, I really don't meet up with a lot of Canadians, Swedes, Germans, Brits or Japanese citizens waiting at any US medical facility for family or having procedures themselves. The foreign, non-citizens I see are poor immigrants who are speaking Spanish.

Which country with a civilized health care system that covers ALL citizens is it that "flocks" here to the US for medical care? NONE!!!!


Seems like Canadians are doin' sumthin' right!

No comments: